Colour Code ; S/S '15

Another thing I'm hoping to try out as a fortnightly feature is a collection of colour trends found in different season styles and shows. This means that for the next couple of months I'm going to share my favourite Spring/Summer 2015 trends all meticulously categorised in colour palettes that blend and contrast perfectly. Kicking it off with the three P's: Pastels, pink and purple!




If pastels were a man they'd belong under my 'It's Complicated' section of my relationship status, but they'd also be my drunken 2am phone call. Pastels and I, it seems, can safely say we may not always agree, but the love is certainly there. 

And from catwalk to high street the Spring/Summer '15 collections have rekindled the fire, not failing to disappoint. From the reworked Pretty in Pink patterns of de la Renta to the Titania inspired fairytale of Ferreti, that while pastels may have been returned to the closet during the winter months, with spring and bloom in nature there is spring and bloom in fashion. Rebirth is an overworked concept (I mean it's been what, 2,000 years since the original rebirth of Jesus after his death) but it cannot be denied to the designers, who like me, fail to keep their eyes and hands off of pastels and all things pink. 

1. Kirkwood flats, net-a-porter.com 2. Mother of Pearl 3. Emilio de la Morena 4. Alberta Ferreti 5. Oscar de la Renta 6. Balenciaga, net-a-porter.com 7. Rebecca Taylor 8. TSE 9. Givenchy, net-a-porter.com

(All catwalk images belong have been sourced from Vogue magazine online fashion collections.) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Social Construct of the Slut

An Obligatory Year in Review 2016

My Very Relevant, Very Cliche New Years Resolutions